All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe debate concerning the role of kwledge in the ecomic growth process has gained considerable attention, both because of the importance of its implications in terms of ecomic policy and due to the number of theoretical and empirical analyses it has engendered. Thus, the argument according to which endogeus growth models explain long-term ecomic growth is often put forward. It is held that the production of kwledge induces self-maintained ecomic growth. However, in spite of numerous theoretical developments, attempts at empirical verification have run up against serious methodological difficulties. The first and most serious stumbling block is the way in which an intangible good of incommensurable size such as kwledge is evaluated. Moreover, most of the empirical studies carried out in recent years have taken the form of cross-national comparisons designed to analyse the role of different socio-ecomic factors in growth. So far, however, they have t succeeded in making conclusive statements of whether or t kwledge can induce long-term ecomic growth. Taking this state of research into consideration, the main objective of the present volume is to re-examine, by way of new techniques of quantitative analysis, theoretical models developed with a view to ascertaining the endogeus nature of ecomic growth induced by the production of kwledge.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Claude Diebolt is Director of the Laboratoire Montpellierain d'Economie Theorique et Appliquee, an Institute of the French Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique affiliated to the University of Montpellier I. Vivien Guiraud is a Researcher at the University of Montpellier I. Marielle Monteils is a Professor at the Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Montpellier.
- Author(s)Claude Diebolt,Marielle Monteils,Vivien Guiraud
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleKomparatistische Bibliothek Comparative Studies Series Bibliotheque d'Etudes Comparatives
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note4 tables, 14 graphs
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.