Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionJohn White is one of the leading philosophers of education currently working in the Anglophone world. Since first joining the London Institute of Education in 1965, he has made significant contributions to the landscape of the discipline through his teaching, research and numerous publications. His academic work encompasses a broad range of rich philosophical issues, ranging from questions surrounding the child's mind, through the moral and pedagogical obligations of teachers and schools, to local and national questions of educational policy. In this volume, international contributors address key issues in the philosophy of education, touching on significant contemporary concerns and demonstrating the breadth and influence of John White's work. Each chapter critically examines, builds on, and pays tribute to John White's unique contribution, considering how his work has impacted on the discipline of education as we kw it today. Topics covered include: * policy and the role of philosophy of education * liberal education * the aims of education * moral education * leadership. Education, Philosophy and Wellbeing will appeal to postgraduate students and academics in the fields of history, policy, education studies, and philosophy, as well as to policy-makers, educational administrators and teachers.
- Author BiographyJudith Suissa is Reader in Philosophy of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. Carrie Winstanley is Principal Lecturer in the School of Education, Roehampton University, London, UK. Roger Marples is Principal Lecturer in the School of Education, Roehampton University, London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarrie Winstanley,Judith Suissa,Roger Marples
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.