Education and Care for Adolescents and Adults with Autism: A Guide for Professionals and Carers by Kate Wall (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.10+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Kate Wall shows a depth of kwledge in the subject area of autism and her experience as a practitioner shines through...For anyone working with or planning services for adolescents and adults with autism this is definitely a useful book to have on the shelf' - Support for Learning '[This] is the first book I have read which covers both education and care. There is some very useful information, some of which is very thought provoking!.The book promotes the importance of everyone working together to achieve a better understanding' - National Autistic Society By providing case studies and examples that show the reader how to put theory into practice in multi-disciplinary settings, this book clearly explains how changes in policy and provision have affected the ways in which young people and adults with autism are cared for and educated. This book offers up-to-date, accessible information on: o the nature and effects of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) o family issues surrounding caring for and educating those with ASDs o possible intervention programmes o how to support the family Based on years of experience gained in education and care settings, this book offers strategies for all those working with adolescents and adults who are on the autistic spectrum.
- Author BiographyKate had over twenty years experience as an early years practitioner working with young children with special needs and their families before moving into HE in 1999. She was the Programme Director of the Early Childhood Studies degree programmes in her previous post. Kate has written several books on special needs along with many articles and has presented at National and International conferences. She is currently a member of the National Early Years Advisory Board within NASEN (National Association of Special Educational Needs).
- Author(s)Kate Wall
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.