Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis title examines the relationship HIV/AIDS has with education in different international contexts, from Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, the USA, UK, and the Caribbean. Drawing on the international research in numerous countries, including Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, Europe, the USA and the Caribbean, the contributors consider, conceptually and empirically, the impact of this epidemic on schooling and teachers. They explore the complexity of this disease's relationship with education, and how given different social, cultural, political, ecomic and other contexts, it can have different impacts. Coverage ranges from looking at the global, international ramifications, to local perspectives drawing on informal community-based interventions. Each chapter contains a summary of the key points and issues within each chapter to enable easy navigation, key contemporary questions to encourage active engagement with the material and an antated list of suggested further reading to support further exploration. A companion website supports the text and provides updates and additional resources. This series presents an authoritative, coherent and focused collection of texts to introduce and promote the tion of education as a humanitarian response as a prime function of educational activity. The series takes a holistic interpretation of education, dealing t only with formal schooling and other systemic provisions in the mainstream, but rather with educational reality - teaching and learning in whatever form it comes at any age.
- Author BiographyNalini Asha Biggs is a doctoral student in the Department of Education at the University of Oxford, UK. She has extensive experience working in special education classrooms in southern California, USA, and specializes in HIV/AIDS, health and sex education for people with disabilities in developing countries.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation as a Humanitarian Response
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byNalini Asha Biggs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.