All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany family researchers with Ontario roots discover they have ancestors who were teachers. Those with teachers in the family may have ancestors who were part of the Ontario education system as students. Today there are numerous varied resources available to find information on teachers, pupils, schools, textbooks, and curricula in historical Ontario. Education and Ontario Family History outlines the resources available for education from about 1785 to the early twentieth century, t only for genealogists, but also for other historians with an interest in educational records. Many historical resources are currently being digitized, and Ontario and education are exceptions. These electronic repositories are examined in author Marian Press's book along with traditional paper and archival sources.
- Author BiographyMarian Press is a librarian at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. She teaches online courses for the National Genealogical Institute, is a frequent speaker at genealogical conferences, and is a regular contributor to Internet Genealogy, Family Chronicle, and Discovering Family History. She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Marian Press
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content Note20
- Weight260 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.