All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title introduces the key issues and takes a critical approach to explore the major debates and practices in the use of digital techlogies in education. The use of digital techlogy lies at the heart of contemporary education provision and this book considers the key issues and debates in the field and addresses some fundamental but often unvoiced questions about the ever-growing use of digital techlogies in education. Neil Selwyn focuses on the social rather than technical aspects of these issues - thinking carefully about the people, practices, processes and structures behind the use of techlogies in education. The book considers the wider picture of techlogy and education, examining the past, present and future uses of techlogy across a range of educational settings around the world. Topics covered include ICT4D (ICT for Development), learning from history and the future of education and techlogy. This is a book that takes a critical look at some of the major debates concerning digital techlogies and education. Study questions and antated further reading are included to support readers, along with a companion website linking to online sources and resources.
- Author BiographyNeil Selwyn is Senior Lecturer at the London Knowledge Lab, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Neil Selwyn
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.