All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWill techlogy replace the school and university? Will techlogy replace the teacher? What do we really kw about techlogy and learning? Does techlogy make education more individualized? What does the future hold for techlogy and education? What can be learnt from the history of techlogy use in education? In a thoroughly revised edition of this successful book, Neil Selwyn takes a critical look at some of the major current debates and controversies concerning digital techlogies and education. Focusing on the social as well as the technical aspects of these issues, Selwyn addresses fundamental but often unvoiced questions about education and techlogy. Over the course of eight chapters, the book gives careful thought to the people, practices, processes and structures behind the rapidly increasing use of techlogies in education, with an emphasis on the implications of digital techlogies for individuals and institutions. The book focuses attention on the connections between recent techlogy developments and broader changes in education practice, education policy and education theory over the past 10 years. It also challenges us to reflect on future directions and controversies for education in the (post)digital age. Expanded study questions, antated further reading and a new glossary of key terms are included to support readers. An updated companion website links to two bonus chapters and audio recordings of the questions for further discussion found at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyNeil Selwyn is Professor in the Faculty of Education at Monash University, Australia.
- Author(s)Neil Selwyn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/12/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight401 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.