All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConservatives, liberals, and radicals alike see education as a pivotal forum for the struggle over the fulfillment of American Dreams. Elear Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Russell Kirk, and Henry Giroux, among others, representing contrasting points of view, vie for acceptance of their theories on the major issues in American education: religion in public schools; computers in the classroom; sex education; the proper role of teachers (technician, professional, or intellectual); vocationalism versus critical education. This rare opportunity to examine the divisions, and the surprising overlaps, between the perspectives of this country's policy makers and idea formulators brings a major and important perspective to the current educational debate and the future of education, for scholars and students alike.
- Author BiographyHARVEY HOLTZ is Professor of Sociology/Anthropology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and co-organizer of the symposium American Dreams: The National Debate about the Future of Education.
- Date of Publication30/09/1989
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Studies in Education & Culture
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byHarvey Holtz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.