All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays argues that it matters that children gain, through teacher guidance, the social-emotional skills they need to succeed in and participate civilly in modern life. Part One establishes historical roots for the type of education that prepares children for this participation. Part Two makes the case that three best practices in early childhood education offer the approach to education for democracy that society needs. Part Three provides anecdotes and case studies to illustrate how guidance fosters the development of the five democratic life skills.
- Author BiographyDan Gartrell started his career in education as a teacher at an inner-city elementary school in Ohio and later taught in the Head Start program of the Red Lake Band of Ojibwe in Minnesota, USA. He holds a doctorate in teacher education/early childhood and is Professor Emeritus of Early Childhood and Foundations Education at Bemidji State University in Minnesota. As former director of BemidjiAEs Child Development Training Program, a CDA trainer, and a student teaching su- pervisor, he has helped scores of students start their journey to becoming excellent educators. Once introduced at a conference as othe guidance guy,o Dan has spoken extensively on using guidance with young children and related topics. He writes the Guidance Matters column in NAEYCAEs journal, Young Children , and has contributed several additional articles to the journal. The sixth edition of his textbook on guidance, A Guidance Approach for the Encouraging Classroom , was published in 2013. Dan has also written The Power of Guidance: Teaching Social-Emotional Skills to Young Children and What the Kids Said Today .
- Author(s)Dan Gartrell
- PublisherNational Association for the Education of Young Children
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Association for the Education of Young Children
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.