Educational Experience as Lived: Knowledge, History, Alterity: The Selected Works of William F. Pinar by William F. Pinar (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $198.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $260.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Pinar enacts his theory of curriculum, detailing the relations among kwledge, history, and alterity. The introduction is Pinar's intellectual life history, naming the contributions he has made to understanding educational experience. Study is the center of educational experience, as he demonstrates in the opening chapter. The alterity of educational experience is evident in his conceptions of disciplinarity and internationalization, interrelated projects of historicization, dialogical encounter, and recontextualization. By reactivating the past, t by instrumentalizing the present, we can find the future, explicated in his studies of the Eight-Year Study, the Tyler Rationale, and the gendering and racialization of U.S. school reform. The interrelation of race and gender is emphasized in the chapters on Ida B. Wells and Jane Addams. The techlogization of education is critiqued through analysis of the achievements of George Grant and Pier Paolo Pasolini. The educational project of subjective and social reconstruction is explored through study of Musil's essayism, a genre that corrects the problems accompanying ethgraphy and created by identity politics.
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Pinar is Professor and Canada Research Chair at the University of British Columbia. Pinar has also served as the St. Bernard Parish Alumni Endowed Professor at Louisiana State University, the Frank Talbott Professor at the University of Virginia, and the A. Lindsay O'Connor Professor of American Institutions at Colgate University. The former President of the International Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies and the founder of its U.S. affiliate, the American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies, Pinar received, in 2000, the LSU Distinguished Faculty Award and a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Educational Research Association. In 2004 he received an American Educational Association Outstanding Book Award for What is Curriculum Theory?, the second edition of which was published in 2012 by Routledge.
- Author(s)William F. Pinar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.