All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A highly recommendable and powerful work...I have found this book to be both a revelatory mirror on past events and an inviting window to future prospects. I am certain that it will be of equal or greater value to all those involved and interested in the tangled complexities, and inherent rewards, of educational leadership, particularly within international or cross-cultural contexts' - Daniel H. Jarvis, International Review of Education 'Clive Dimmock and Allan Walker's books is a valuable addition to the overcrowded literature on leadership. This is a useful and important book because citizenship, globalization and the tensions with nationality should be the concern of all who lead any school; even mofaith, moethic and molingual schools' - Tim Brighouse, TES Friday 'The authors offer a rigorous and systematic analysis based on careful definition, illustration and discussion which demonstrates the importance of understanding culture, leadership and their interaction in different contexts: in doing so they provide a powerful antidote to the simplistic export of ideas and lay foundations for a more sophisticated conceptual framework for the study of educational leadership' - John West-Burnham, International Leadership Centre, University of Hull This key text in educational leadership focuses on the significance of the context and culture of schools. The book addresses the growing recognition of cultural differences between societies and the resultant differences in schooling. It also deals with vital issues relating to multicultural education and the leadership of multicultural schools. Drawing on their first-hand experience, the authors explore the differences evident in classroom teaching and learning, as well as organizational, leadership and management aspects of schools. They show how such differences can make over-reliance on Anglo-American approaches misleading, ineffective and restrictive. Key features of the book include: - a methodology to support the emerging field of international and comparative educational leadership and management - in-depth comparative analysis of Anglo-American and Asian schooling and educational management - the leadership of multi-cultural schools This book is essential reading for professionals and students of educational leadership and management, as well as administrators.
- Author BiographyProfessor Allan Walker is the Joseph Lau Chair Professor of International Educational Leadership, Head of the Department of Education Policy and Leadership and Director of The Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Asia Pacific Centre for Leadership and Change at The Hong Kong Institute of Education. Before moving to the Institute, he was Chair Professor of Educational Administration and Policy at The Chinese University of Hong Kong where he worked for 16 years. He also worked at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and in Universities in Australia and the United States. In 2010 he was made a Fellow of the Australian Council for Educational Leadership for his contribution to educational leadership research and development globally, but especially in South and Southeast Asia.
- Author(s)Allan David Walker,Clive Dimmock
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/06/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.