Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to educational management in practice. The 20 case studies have been selected to provide different insights into the challenges facing managers in education today. A key feature of the book is that management can be learned through the planning and execution of small-scale investigations. These develop practitioner skills and insights and, at the same time, provide information for the institution in which the study is set. This is the companion volume to Improving Educational Management through Research and Consultancy edited by Nigel Bennett, Ron Glatter and Rosalind Levacic. It is one of the two course readers for The Open University Course E828 Educational Management in Action.
- Author BiographyDr Megan Crawford is Professor and Director of Plymouth Institute of Education and was formerly Reader in the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge and Deputy Head of the Faculty. . Her research encompasses principal preparation, teacher development, and emotion and leadership. She teaches on Masters and Doctoral programme and is especially interested in the relationship between theory and practice. Megan is a National Leader of Governance in England, and has been a governor at six primary and secondary schools. She is currently Chair of Governors of an outstanding secondary school which she has been with since it was a green field. She is on the Executive of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society (BELMAS www.belmas.org.uk.), and was its Chair from 2009-11 Megan has worked internationally in diverse places including Canada, Japan, and Iceland. Megan's previous book on emotion and leadership was published in 2009.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/1994
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePublished in Association with the Open University
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byLesley Kydd,Megan Crawford,Susan Parker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.