All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn all-in-one desk reference for students as well as holistic healers, this guide to alternative health careers and resources provides information on postgraduate training, modality categories and trends, and networking venues. In addition to featuring listings of institutions offering licensed degree programs - in fields such as acupuncture; allopathic, chiropractic, naturopathic, and osteopathic medicines; as well as holistic nursing, massage therapy, and social work - this guide provides training information on 50 n-degree holistic modalities, including ayurvedic, energy, and herbal medicine, midwifery, and yoga training.A comprehensive listing and description of health resources - domestic and international conference and retreat centres and research institutes - are also contained in this reference along with hints on various techniques and methods, information on career and training opportunities, licensure guidelines, salary information, internship and residency programs, associations, and online resources.
- Author BiographyDouglas Las Wengell, MBA, is the author of The Common Boundary Graduate Education Guide. He has consulted for the Institute of Noetic Sciences and the Preventive Medicine Research Institute founded by Dean Ornish, MD. The founder andCEO of Know Your Sourceand the founder of the Association for Integrity in Medicine, he aspires to provide practitioners better and greener professional products while advocating for the advancement of integrative medicine. He lives in Burlington, Vermont. Nathen Gabriel, ND, is in private practice in San Diego, California. He lives in San Diego. Adam Perlman, MD, MPH is the executive directorof the Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he is a professor of medicine, andvice-chair of the Consortium of Health Centers of Integrated Medicine. He lives in Newark, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Douglas Las Wengell
- PublisherThe Hunter Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationAtlanta, GA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Hunter Press
- Content Note10 b/w photos, 10 b/w Illus, 5 charts, 55Tables & 1 graph
- Weight730 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.