All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMunch's graphic works have fascinated people all over the world for more than a century. He himself arranged a number of exhibitions of his prints, and was represented in many print rooms and important private collections in Europe before World War II. His total output amounted to between 20,000 and 25,000 print impressions. The author's extensive research and the ermous attention to detail in the individual entries will ensure that this remains the crucial work on the subject for many years to come. The text gives informative details about technique, editions, states, versions, reprints, and where to find descriptions of the many surviving lithographic stones, wood blocks and metal plates in the Munch-museet. Finally, this catalogue raisonne includes photographs of all the 748 registered prints (many in colour), making it an indispensable tool for professionals, but also a beautiful art book for anyone fascinated by Edvard Munch's pioneering contribution to the art of printmaking.
- Author BiographyGerd Woll is senior curator of prints and drawings at the Munch-museet. Active as an art critic in the early seventies, Woll achieved her degree in art history with a thesis on Munch's 'Worker's Frieze'. She has presented this theme in several exhibitions and catalogues, both in Norway and abroad. Her main interest is in prints and drawings, and she has organised a vast number of print exhibitions, and has written numerous catalogue essays on Munch's graphic works.
- Author(s)Gerd Woll
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note218 colour, 861 bw illustrations
- Weight3856 g
- Width265 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.