All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on Sir Edward Burne-Jones' mythical paintings from 1868 to 1886. His artistic training and traveling experiences, his love for the Greek-sculptress, Maria Zambaco, and his aesthetic sensibility provided the background for these mythical paintings. This book analyzes two main concepts: Burne-Jones' assimilation of Neoplatonic ideal beauty as depicted in his solo and narrative paintings, and Burne-Jones' fusion of the classical and emblematic traditions in his imagery.
- Author BiographyLiana De Girolami Cheney is presently Investigadora de Historia de Arte, SIELAE, Universidad de Coruna, Spain, retired Professor of Art History, Chairperson of the Department of Cultural Studies at UMASS Lowell. Dr. Cheney received her BS/BA in psychology and philosophy from the University of Miami, Florida, her MA in history of art and aesthetics from the University of Miami, Florida, and her PhD in Italian Renaissance and Baroque from Boston University, Massachusetts. Dr. Cheney is a Pre-Raphaelite, Renaissance and Mannerism scholar, author, and coauthor of numerous articles and books, including: Botticelli's Neo-Platonism Images; Neoplatonism and the Arts; Neoplatonic Aesthetics: Music, Literature, and the Visual Arts; The Paintings of the Casa Vasari; Readings in Italian Mannerism; The Homes of Giorgio Vasari (English and Italian); Self-Portraits by Women Painters; Essays on Women Artists: The Most Excellent ; Symbolism in the Arts; Pre-Raphaelitism and Medievalism in the Arts; Giorgio Vasari's Teachers: Sacred and Profane Art; Giuseppe Arcimboldo: The Magic Paintings (English, French and German); Giorgio Vasari: pennello, pluma e ardore; Giorgio Vasari's Prefaces: Art and Theory; Giorgio Vasari's Artistic and Emblematic Manifestations; and Giorgio Vasari in Context.
- Author(s)Liana De Girolami Cheney
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.