All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis glorious book allows the reader to revel in Hopper's most well-kwn and masterful works, reproduced one after the other, often at full page, in full colour; but it also enables you to rediscover the artist, to delve further than the obvious paintings in order to fully understand his motivations, and then to reassess his works in a fresh light. Before the 'Masterpieces' section, some thoughtful text discusses Hopper from a number of angles, laying the groundwork with Life & Times, travelling through the Places that inspired him, examining his key Subjects & Themes, and explaining the Styles & Techniques by which he was influenced or to which he subscribed, t forgetting his lasting legacy. All the while his works are cross-referenced, so you get the most out of the paintings. Whether the treatment of light and sense of place of Lighthouse at Two Lights appeals to your senses, or you are captivated by the untold story of the pensive woman in Automat, Edward Hopper Masterpieces will be a book to treasure and revisit.
- Author BiographyRosalind Ormiston is a researcher, lecturer and author in art, architecture and design history. She lectures in art and architectural history at Kingston University, London. Her recent publications include Colour Source Book, Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks, Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art and Illustration; Michelangelo: His Life and Works in 500 Images and Leonardo da Vinci: His Life and Works in 500 Images.
- Author(s)Rosalind Ormiston
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleMasterpieces of Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight755 g
- Width203 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.