All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdward IV (king from 1461-83), so often overshadowed by his younger brother and eventual successor Richard III is a controversial figure in his own right. Was he a lazy and licentious lightweight who much preferred his mistresses to his minsters and had little taste for the arduous day-to-day business of government? Or was he, rather, a wise and successful monarch who laid the foundations for over a century of Tudor rule? This documentary study by the co-author of Richard III in the same series, presents contemporary and near-contemporary sources for Edward IV and his reign, enabling the reader to appreciate why the king's reputation has fluctuated so markedly, and provides and indispensable compendium for all who wish to enter the political world of Yorkist England.
- Author BiographyKeith Dockray was formerly a senior examiner in medieval history and early modern history at the University of Huddersfield. He has written extensively on Fifteenth Century history and appeared in numerous television documentaries including the Channel 4 'courtroom' programme Trial of Richard III.
- Author(s)Keith Dockray
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note20 black and white
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.