All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe reign of King Edward IV occupies a pivotal place in late medieval English history, marking the transition from a medieval to a renaissance monarchy. The personality of the young monarch was undoubtedly a factor in this transition, yet there has been much controversy over the King's character. Was Edward a vain and self-indulgent playboy, more interested in his own pleasures than the well-being of his kingdom, or was his life cut tragically short, thus preventing him from fully establishing the 'new monarchy' w more commonly associated with his son-in-law, Henry VII? A central personality in both historical study and literary fame, Edward IV is as fascinating a character w as he was for William Shakespeare over four centuries ago. Drawing together both recent research and original sources, Hannes Kleineke reassesses the debate in this concise and accessible biography. This volume is an invaluable read for all those interested in fifteenth century history.
- Author BiographyHannes Kleineke is a Senior Research Fellow at the History of Parliament, and joint winner of the Parliamentary History Prize 2006. He has published widely on the political and social history of late medieval England, especially the Yorkist period.
- Author(s)Hannes Kleineke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2008
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleRoutledge Historical Biographies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.