CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is theological method ? Can there be more than one method? If so, how do you choose between them? How does method relate to experience? Would experience affect your choice of method and method affect experience? Abdul-Masih offers a three-part proposition. The first is that theological method is influenced by theological reasoning. That is, beliefs about the doctrines of revelation and God's activity will shape one's attitude toward experience. Your convictions provide a broad definition of experience, and determine how it is to be used. Her second proposition is that one's attitude toward experience and its use will, in turn, shape subsequent theology. In other words, the relationship between theological method and subsequent theological discourse is circular--or, more accurately, a spiral. Her third proposition is that experience is itself contextual, and therefore there is right or wrong choice but rather a plurality of methods. To expand upon and illustrate her claim, Abdul-Masih analyzes, throughout her book, the methods of Edward Schillebeeckx and Hans Frei, who represent the tension in contemporary theology surrounding the issue of experience. Edward Schillebeeckx and Hans Frei: A Conversation on Method and Christology is a book that will challenge and enlighten those who wish to expand their understanding of theological methodology.
- Author BiographyMarguerite Abdul-Masih is a theologian who teaches at Saint Marys University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Author(s)Marguerite Abdul-Masih
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight325 g
- Width144 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.