All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive account of the life and work of Edward Seago (1910-1974), the highly popular, versatile and talented British painter whose work was inspired by John Sell Cotman, John Constable and Alfred Munnings.Over two hundred colour reproductions are complemented by an engaging text which highlights important periods, episodes and acquaintances from Seago's life and career. Full of anecdotes, sketches and quotations from the artist's books and correspondence, the author provides a vivid impression of Seago's character which helps inform discussion of the outstanding imagery which he created. Including important examples of works from all stages of Seago's career, this book reproduces beautiful landscapes, vibrant circus images, dramatic seascapes and paintings inspired by the artist's travels aboard. A true celebration of a powerful body of 20th-century British painting, Edward Seago will be an invaluable addition to the libraries of collectors, dealers and enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyJames Russell studied History at Pembroke College, Cambridge, but was galvanized into writing about art by a lengthy stint selling contemporary paintings and sculpture in Santa Fe, New Mexico. A passionate advocate of 20th-century British painting and design, his books include the popular four-volume series Ravilious in Pictures, which was described by Country Life as 'a vivid portrait of the artist', and Paul Nash in Pictures: Landscape and Dream. An experienced lecturer, he has entertained audiences across a range of venues including The Victoria and Albert Museum, The National Maritime Museum, Pallant House Gallery, Towner, The Fry Art Gallery and The Royal Watercolour Society.
- Author(s)James Russell
- PublisherLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 220 colour and 15 b&w illustrations
- Weight1347 g
- Width249 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.