Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $141.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $83.46+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the swooping concrete vaults of the TWA Terminal at JFK Airport to the 630-foot-tall Gateway Arch in St. Louis, the iconic designs of Eero Saarinen (1910-1961) captured the aspirations and values of mid-20th-century America. Potent expressions of national power, these and other Saarinen-designed structures-including the GM Technical Center, Dulles International Airport, and John Deere headquarters-helped create the international image of the United States in the decades following World War II. Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future offers a new and wide-ranging look at the entire scope of Saarinen's career. This is the first book on Saarinen to incorporate significant research and materials from the newly available archives of his office, and includes the most complete portfolio of Saarinen's projects to date-a chrological survey of more than 100 built and unbuilt works, previously unpublished photographs, plans, and working drawings. Lavishly illustrated, this major study shows how Saarinen gave his structures an expressive dimension and helped introduce modern architecture to the mainstream of American practice. In his search for a richer and more varied modern architecture, Saarinen became one of the most prolific and controversial practitioners of his time.
- Author BiographyEeva-Liisa Pelkonen is assistant professor of architecture at Yale University, and the author of Achtung Architecture! Donald Albrecht is an independent curator and Curator of Architecture and Design at the Museum of the City of New York. His books include The Work of Charles and Ray Eames: A Legacy of Invention. Mark Coir is the director of Archives of Cranbrook Educational Community in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Sandy Isenstadt is assistant professor of art history at Yale University. Reinhold Martin is associate professor at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation, Columbia University. Will Miller is chairman and CEO of Irwin Financial Corporation in Columbus, Indiana. Vincent Scully is Sterling Professor Emeritus of the History of Art at Yale University.
- PrizesWinner of Authors' Club Sir Banister Fletcher Award 2007.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2006
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date29/08/2014
- Content Note321 b&w + 125 colour illustrations
- Weight2300 g
- Width238 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byDonald Albrecht,Eeva-Liisa Pelkonen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.