All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne step above kwledge management systems are business intelligence systems. Their purpose is to give decision makers a better understanding of their organization's operations, and thus ather way to outmaneuver the competition, by helping to find and extract the meaningful relationships, trends, and correlations that underlie the organization's operations and ultimately contribute to its success. Thierauf also shows that by tying critical success factors and key performance indicators into business intelligence systems, an organization's most important financial ratios can also be improved. Comprehensive and readable, Thierauf's book will advance the kwledge and skills of all information systems providers and users. It will also be useful as a text in upper-level courses covering a wide range of topics essential to an understanding of executive business systems generally, and specifically their creation and management. The theme underlying Thierauf's unique text is that a thorough understanding of a company's operations is crucial if the company is to be moved to a higher level of competitive advantage. Although data warehousing, data mining, the Internet, the World Wide Web, and other electronic aids have been in place for at least a decade, it is the remarkable and unique capability of business intelligence systems to utilize them that has in turn revolutionized the ability of decision makers to find, accumulate, organize, and access a wider range of information than was ever before possible. Effective business intelligence systems give decision makers a means to keep their fingers on the pulse of their businesses every step of the way. From this it follows that they are thus able to develop new, more workable means to cope with the competition successfully. Comprehensive and readable, Thierauf's book will advance the kwledge and skills of all information systems providers and users. It will also be useful as a text in upper-level courses covering a wide range of topics essential to an understanding of executive business systems generally, and specifically their creation and management.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. THIERAUF is Professor Emeritus of Information Systems at Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio. Previously a staff accountant and consultant at the then Coopers & Lybrand, he has written extensively on all facets of information systems, with particular attention to knowledgment management, online analytical processing, decision support, virtual reality, and other systems--most of which are explored in Dr. Thierauf's 13 previous Quorum books.
- Author(s)Robert J. Thierauf
- Date of Publication30/06/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.