Effective Health Behavior in Older Adults by Howard Leventhal, K. Warner Schaie (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $110.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 26 Mar
- AU $12.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what ways do health behaviors and societal mechanisms help or discourage individuals in assuming responsibility for their health? Highly-esteemed and diverse contributors examine the health behaviors of older adults and the ways in which these behaviors are affected by societal trends. The volume begins with a discussion of the personal attributes affecting health behaviors and responsible health care choices in older adults. Additional topics explored include: psychosocial factors in the prevention of cardiovascular disease; behavioral interventions such as the role of exercise in preventing chronic illness; and how societal structures such as reimbursement patterns and changes in health insurance affect initiation, change, and maintenance of health behaviors. This is a valuable resource for professionals and students interested in individual development, the study of health behavior and chronic disease, health ecomics, and social policy.
- Author BiographyHoward Leventhal, PhD, is the Board of Governors Professor of Health Psychology and member of the Institute for Health and Department of Psychology at Rutgers University. His prior academic positions were at the University of Wisconsin - Madison and Yale University. He is a senior member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences and a past president of Division 38 of the American Psychological Association (APA). Dr. Leventhal received his PhD in psychology from the University of North Carolina in 1956. He is a fellow of the AAAS, APA, APS, and SBM and has published over 220 research articles and requested chapters. He chaired the Behavioral Medicine Study Section of the National Institute on Aging and NHLBI, and is active as a consultant to the Department of Health Policy at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Population sciences at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA. He is also a member of advisory boards for the Mind Body Centers at the University of Pittsburgh and Ohio State University and the International Advisory Board for the Research Institute for Psychology and Health (University of Leiden, Utrecht, and Tilburg). He was associate editor of Health Psychology and is on the editorial boards of multiple journals.
- Author(s)Howard Leventhal,K. Warner Schaie
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2002
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.