Effective Immediately: How to Fit in, Stand Out, and Move Up at Your First Real Job by Skip Lineberg, Emily Bennington (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you re new to the workforce, ambition and talent aren t eugh getting on the fast track to success requires much more.If you re a recent college graduate or new hire, Effective Immediately shows you how to excel at your first job and jump-start your career. As an up-and-coming professional, you ll learn how to transform yourself from entry-level employee into skilled, invaluable all-star during your first year on the job. Accomplished young professional Emily Bennington and her mentor, seasoned manager Skip Lineberg, empower you to: Establish yourself as a top performer from day one Use every task even grunt work as an opportunity to shine Earn the respect of your boss, colleagues, and clients Cope with conflict, mistakes, and toxic coworkers Land key assignments and gain greater responsibility Manage projects and lead teams like a pro Packed with practical advice, useful resources, and wisdom from former newbies, this savvy hand-book gives you the tools, kwledge, and confidence you need to reach your highest potential.
- Author BiographyA protegee and her mentor, Emily Bennington and Skip Lineberg help recent graduates bridge the gap between college and the workforce. Motivated by the premise that free coffee shouldn t be the sole highlight of a newbie s workday, Emily and Skip regularly host seminars on career success. Both authors live in Charleston, West Virginia. During her first years in the workforce, Emily Bennington helped manage a successful Supreme Court Justice race and became the spokesperson for a business that was under intense public scrutiny. After navigating such sink-or-swim experiences with the guidance of her first boss, Skip Lineberg, Emily discovered that not all graduates are blessed with great mentors. Today she is a frequent speaker at universities and organizations on the topic of career success, particularly advancing the skills of young women in the workplace and volunteering as a means of leadership development. Emily also teaches a graduate course on social media and hosts a popular career blog at www.ProfessionalStudio365.com. She is a member of the CAREEREALISM team of career experts and contributes regularly to business publications and blogs on professional development issues. As a career newbie, Skip Lineberg learned the art of successful management at General Electric during the Jack Welch heyday. Today he applies those skills as the owner of Maple Creative, a marketing firm staffed with more than a few young professionals. Under Skip s leadership, Maple has grown into a thriving business and garnered dozens of prestigious awards. Skip also hosts Maple s Marketing Genius blog, which AdvertisingAge magazine named one of the 150 most influential business blogs on the Web.
- Author(s)Emily Bennington,Skip Lineberg
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.