All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication takes as its background the radical reforms that have taken place in the field of services for children following the passing of the Children Act of 2004 and the subsequent Government white paper, Every Child Matters: Change for children. It argues that the fundamental requirements for leadership for learning in the early years should be provided by considering social contexts, adopting a commitment to collective working and focusing on improving children's learning outcomes. Effective Leadership in the Early Years Sector is based on the analysis of a wide range of literature on leadership in the early years and is simultaneously grounded in information taken from effective early years settings, as identified in studies funded by the Department for Education and Skills. It identifies a range of 'categories of effective leadership practice' in the effective settings that will be valuable in the development of leadership training.
- Author BiographyIram Siraj-Blatchford is Professor of Early Childhood Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. She was a director of the EPPE project (funded by DfES) and the Evaluation of the Foundation Phase in Wales (funded by the Welsh Assembly). In all her work she has been concerned to raise the quality of education and care for our youngest children across the UK. At the time of publication, Laura Manni was working at a primary school in Zambia. Previously she was a Research Associate at the Institute of Education, University of London.
- Author(s)Iram Siraj-Blatchford,Laura Manni
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIssues in Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitute of Education Publications
- Content Note2 figures, 1 black & white tables
- Weight168 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Foreword byLesley Saunders
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.