All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective Learning After Acquired Brain Injury provides clear guidance on delivering productive educational programmes for adolescents and adults with acquired brain injury (ABI). Written for the n-specialist, the book provides an accessible overview of the neuropsychological deficits resulting from ABI and the ways in which these can affect an individual's ability to learn and to benefit from educational programmes. This is the first book of its kind to focus on the adaptation of educational programmes for adults rather than children. The authors explain how to take the results of a neuropsychological assessment as a guide in order to construct a cognitive profile and to create individually tailored educational plans and rehabilitation programmes. They also describe specific strategies that can be taught or utilised, and ways in which they can be set out in a simple plan. The book includes an extensive collection of resources which can be reproduced for the reader's own use. Effective Learning After Acquired Brain Injury will be an invaluable resource for general facilitators, clinicians and practitioners who provide educational opportunities in rehabilitation centres for individuals with a variety of neurological conditions, and also for those delivering education in forensic settings. It will maximise the quality of teaching, and the person's potential to learn, and improve the success rate of rehabilitation programmes and those aimed at reducing offending.
- Author BiographyGraham Lowings is a clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist. He has led a team of neuropsychologists working in inpatient, outpatient and community settings with people who have acquired brain injury. He is a director of Psychological Assistance Limited. Beth Wicks is an Education Consultant, specialising in acquired brain injury. She is a board member of the International Paediatric Brain Injury Society, a member of the Criminal Justice and Acquired Brain Injury Interest Group and an adviser to a number of other charitable organisations.
- Author(s)Beth Wicks,Graham Lowings
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.