All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his latest text, Robin Wensley explores all the basic analytical approaches required to inform a sound analytical approach to practical issues in the management of human organisations. Readers will gain crucial insight into the link between managerial theory and the key practical features of managerial experience in action. In a clear and concise way, Wensley: - discusses the relationship between professional kwledge and academic research in the teaching of management - looks at analytical approaches but also links analysis to effective management action - investigates the ambiguous and partial relationship between analytical approaches and superior management performance - links 'hard' approach with 'soft' or people based approaches - explores the need to link robust analysis to effective management action often through developing better questions The book will appeal to advanced students of management, academics and any practitioner interested in exploring different approaches to management.
- Author BiographyRobert Wensley is Emeritus Professor of Policy and Marketing at the Warwick Business School. Professor at Warwick since 1986 and Chair of the School from 1989 to 1994, and Chair of the Faculty of Social Studies from 1997 to 1999. Most recently Director of the AIM Research initiative from 2004 to 2011. He was previously with RHM Foods, Tube Investments and the London Business School and was visiting Professor at UCLA (twice) and University of Florida. He was Chair of the Council of the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations from 1998 until 2003 and a member of the Sunningdale Institute (2008 -11) He is a Fellow of the British Academy of Management (FBAM), the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) and The Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS). He was awarded the BAM Richard Whipp Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012 and previously awarded the 1981 and 1988 Alpha Kappa Psi prize for the most outstanding article in the US Journal of Marketing and the Millennium Prize for the best paper in the Journal of Marketing Management He was appointed to the Council of the ESRC from 2001 to 2004 and was a Board member of the ESRC Research Grants Board from 1991 to 1995. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Warburg Institute and the Academic Advisory Board of the Chartered Management Institute. Over his academic career, he has been involved with consultancy and management development for many major organisations.
- Author(s)Robin Wensley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.