All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe modern hospital represents a complex community in which life and death decisions are made on the front lines of patient care, and difficult operational and strategic initiatives are developed in the offices of institutional leaders. Effective Medical Leadership describes the unusual position of a medical leader in an organization often administered by n-medical managers. Through extensive and situational examples in the complex hospital setting, Dr. Bryce Taylor illuminates the principles of leadership, focusing on the challenges, the solutions, and the daily life of the head of a division, department, or program. In hospitals, just as in other large organizations, effective leaders must appreciate the big picture, pay attention to detail, and, above all, care about the careers of their constituents in addition to patient health. Here, Taylor outlines successes as well as failures, emphasizing that leadership, while an imperfect science, is based on common sense, integrity, an orientation to the welfare of colleagues, and a passionate and consistent commitment to the mission of an organization.
- Author BiographyBryce Taylor is Surgeon-in-Chief and Director of Surgical Services, University Health Network and a professor and associate chair in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Bryce Taylor
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.