All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGood police officers are often promoted into supervisory positions with little or training for what makes a good manager. Effective Police Supervision is a core text used in college-level classes on supervisory practices in criminal justice. This popular book combines behavioral theory with case studies that allow the reader to identify and resolve personal and organizational problems. It provides readers with an understanding of the group behaviors and organizational dynamics, with a focus on effectiveness as well as proficiency, and on how a supervisor can help to create an effective organization. This book is also a vital tool in the preparation of police officers for promotional exams. This revised and updated edition includes new material throughout on police accountability, police involvement with news media, dealing with social media, and avoiding scandals. Each chapter includes important key terms and opens with a case study to illustrate important concepts.
- Author BiographyHarry W. More is a Professor Emeritus at San Jose State University, and a past president of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences and the Western Society of Criminology. He has taught at Washington State University; Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he started and chaired the Criminology program; and San Jose State University, where he chaired the Department of Administration of Justice and created the Bureau of Administration of Justice. Outside of the university setting, he has been employed by the U.S. Secret Service, worked in juvenile probation, and taught in-service personnel in management in California, Ohio, and Oregon. Currently the President of the Law Enforcement Consulting Group, More has written numerous articles and authored or edited more than 40 texts. Larry S. Miller is Distinguished Professor and Chair of Criminal Justice and Criminology at East Tennessee State University (ETSU). He received his Bachelor of Science from ETSU, a Master of Science from Eastern Kentucky University, and his Ph.D. in Health & Safety with collaterals in Forensic Anthropology and Criminology from The University of Tennessee. Miller, who has worked as a police officer, criminal investigator, and crime laboratory director, teaches in the area of law enforcement and is the author of several books on topics including criminal investigation, criminal justice report writing, police photography, and more.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Weight952 g
- Width235 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.