All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest edition of Effective Security Management retains the qualities that made the previous editions a standard of the profession: a readable, comprehensive guide to the planning, staffing, and operation of the security function within an organization. All chapters are completely updated with the focus on practical methods that the reader can put to use in managing an effective security department. The fourth edition covers current computer applications that can help in the administrative, managerial, and supervisory aspects of the security function. In addition, two new chapters address employee management in detail. The first, Lifestyle Management for Managers, will discuss motivation at work: the how, when, where, what and why of self-motivation for the boss. The second, The Departing Employee, will discuss the exit interview and the information that can be gained in that process. Also, back by popular demand, are the author's Jackass Management Traits, 32 humorous portrayals of negative management traits that illustrate very real problems that can undermine the effectiveness of supervisors and managers. This book includes a new chapter on the use of statistics as a security management tool. It contains complete updates to every chapter while retaining the outstanding organization of the previous editions. Recommended reading for The American Society for Industrial Security's (ASIS) Certified Protection Professional (CPP) exam.
- Author BiographyCharles Chuck Sennewald CSC, CPP, is an independent security management consultant and expert witness and the author of numerous Butterworth-Heinemann titles, including Effective Security Management ; Security Consulting ; Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference; From the Files of a Security Expert Witness ; and earlier editions of this book The Process of Investigation. Chuck is a graduate of California State University - Los Angeles with a BS degree in Police Science and Administration. Chuck is also the founder and first president of the International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC), and is a long-time member of ASIS International. He has lectured and is read in countries around the globe.
- Author(s)Charles A. Sennewald
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication04/04/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight761 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.