Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice by Gary D. Borich (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $250.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $248.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a conversational style, this market-leading text shows how to apply effective, realistic, research-based teaching practices in today's heterogeneous classrooms. Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice, 8/E, prepares teachers to meet the many challenges presented by the changing face of the American school and classroom teaching today-and discover the opportunities for professional growth and advancement those changes provide. The content presented is the direct result of years of research and observation of effective teaching practices in actual classrooms. These are the experiences of real teachers in real classroom, showing teachers both what to do to meet today's teaching challenges, and how to do it. The 8th edition provides readers with new coverage of important topics including Multiple Intelligences, professional learning communities, working with parents, and standardized testing. A new chapter on Techlogy Integration includes information on 21st century learning techlogies, why teaching with techlogy is important, and assessing techlogy integration as well as its effectiveness.
- Author BiographyGary Borich grew up on the south side of Chicago, where he attended Mendel High School and later taught in the public school system of Niles, Illinois. He received his doctoral degree from Indiana University, where he was director of evaluation at the Institute for Child Study. Dr. Borich is a professor in the College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin and a past member of the board of examiners of the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Dr. Borich's other books include Observation Skills for Effective Teaching, sixth edition; Educational Assessment for the Elementary and Middle School Classroom, second edition (with M. Tombari); Clearly Outstanding: Making Each Day Count in Your Classroom; Becoming a Teacher: An Inquiring Dialogue for the Beginning Teacher; Educational Psychology: A Contemporary Approach,second edition (with M. Tombari); Educational Testing and Measurement, tenth edition (with T. Kubiszyn); and The Appraisal of Teaching: Concepts and Process. Dr. Borich lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife, Kathy and his son, Damon and daughter, Brandy. His interests include training and riding Arabian horses and he is the author of An Illustrated Introduction to Classical Horsemanship.
- Author(s)Gary D. Borich
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, colour tables, figures
- Weight910 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 8th revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.