Effective Teaching in Gifted Education: Using a Whole School Approach by Jim Campbell, Wendy Robinson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective teaching for gifted and talented students is high on the agenda of school systems across the world. Written by leading international scholars in the field, Effective Teaching in Gifted Education presents a thoroughly enlightening analysis of the practice of schools judged to be outstanding in their effective teaching of gifted and talented students. Eight in-depth case studies draw upon the voices of school leaders, classroom teachers and students to illustrate and explore Gifted and Talented provision across a range of educational settings and circumstances, including: * differentiated teaching and learning in an urban City Techlogy College * gifted education in an inner-city, multi-ethnic school and a rural comprehensive school * school ethos, student voice and motivation in a girls' grammar school * curricular depth, enrichment and interactive teaching in a boys' grammar school * learning in a residential summer school for gifted students. Providing a rich evidence base, these and other examples place best practice within a framework of theory and policy. School leaders, Gifted and Talented Co-ordinators and classroom practitioners reading this book will understand the principles behind the practice, as well as how and why to apply the practice in their own schools. This distinctive book will also be immensely useful to all those involved with Gifted and Talented education programmes and schemes and those following Continuing Professional Development and school leadership programmes, as well as NQTs, M-level students and researchers in education.
- Author BiographyWendy Robinson is Professor of Education at the Graduate School of Education, University of Exeter, UK. Jim Campbell is Emeritus Professor at the Warwick Institute of Education and former Director of Research at the now disbanded National Academy of Gifted and Talented Youth, University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Jim Campbell,Wendy Robinson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.