All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionFor many years, law enforcement administrators, government officials, and researchers have explored the possibility of professionalizing law enforcement agencies and their officers. Some have called for mandatory college education requirements while others have argued for the formation of a national police force. In 1979, police practitioners from various law enforcement executive organizations met to develop a process to professionalize police agencies by instituting standards covering the wide range of police functions. The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) was born. This book describes the results of a study that evaluated the impact of CALEA accreditation on specific personnel administration practices in municipal police departments. The author compares accredited and n-accredited departments for personnel practices including procedures for officer selection, promotion, and the integration of formal education requirements.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN A. BAKER is a 22-year law enforcement veteran with experience in all areas of police work and management. He is currently the Captain over the Technical Services Division of the Mesa Police Department. He has served as a CALEA Assessor, his department's accreditation manager, and as president of the Arizona Police Accreditation Coalition. He received his Doctor of Public Administration from Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Stephen A. Baker
- Date of Publication20/11/1995
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.