Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe multilateral trading system stands at a crossroads. Despite its widely ackwledged contribution to global prosperity over the past half century, the movement toward further liberalization has increasingly been challenged. These essays by leading scholars and trade officials hor Raymond Vern, one of the architects of the international ecomic institutions established following the Second World War. The book examines several key issues at the heart of the debate over the multilateral trading system. What are the global efficiency gains from further liberalization? How can efficiency gains be maximized while respecting legitimate claims to sovereignty? Is the trading system affording an equitable distribution of benefits between countries and among various groups within societies? Does civil society have a role in the trading system? What role should the World Trade Organization and its dispute settlement procedures play in resolving disputes and enhancing legitimacy?
- Author BiographyRoger B. Porter is IBM professor of business and government at Harvard University, Massachusetts. Pierre Sauve is head of the Trade Policy Linkages Division of the OECD Trade Directorate in Paris, France. Arvind Subramanian is deputy division chief of the African department of the International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C., USA. Americo Beviglia Zampetti is administrator, Directorate-General for Trade of the European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight46 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAmerico Beviglia Zampetti,Arvind Subramanian,Pierre Sauve,Roger B. Porter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.