All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a concise synthesis of leading edge research in the theory and practise of efficiency measurement in health and health care. Whilst much of the literature in this area is confusing and impregnable, Hollingsworth and Peacock show the logical links between the ecomic theory underlying efficiency, the methods used in analysis and practical application of measurement techniques including Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontiers Analysis. The book outlines which methods are most suitable in which setting, how to specify valid models, and how to undertake a study and effectively disseminate results. The current state of the art is assessed in terms of methods and published applications, and undertakes practical applications of advanced methods, including analysis of ecomies of scale and scope, variable weightings, specification testing, and estimation of the efficient production of health. Finally, the way forward in efficiency measurement in health is outlined, mapping out an agenda for future research and policy development.
- Author BiographyBruce Hollingsworth is Associate Professor at the Centre for Health Economics at Monash University, Melbourne. Stuart J. Peacock is Senior Scientist and Director of the Centre for Health Economics in Cancer at the British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
- Author(s)Bruce Hollingsworth,Stuart J. Peacock
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies in Health Economics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 56 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.