All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEfficiently Inefficient describes the key trading strategies used by hedge funds and demystifies the secret world of active investing. Leading financial ecomist Lasse Heje Pedersen combines the latest research with real-world examples and interviews with top hedge fund managers to show how certain trading strategies make money--and why they sometimes don't. Pedersen views markets as neither perfectly efficient r completely inefficient. Rather, they are inefficient eugh that money managers can be compensated for their costs through the profits of their trading strategies and efficient eugh that the profits after costs do t encourage additional active investing. Understanding how to trade in this efficiently inefficient market provides a new, engaging way to learn finance. Pedersen analyzes how the market price of stocks and bonds can differ from the model price, leading to new perspectives on the relationship between trading results and finance theory. He explores several different areas in depth--fundamental tools for investment management, equity strategies, macro strategies, and arbitrage strategies--and he looks at such diverse topics as portfolio choice, risk management, equity valuation, and yield curve logic. The book's strategies are illuminated further by interviews with leading hedge fund managers: Lee Ainslie, Cliff Asness, Jim Chas, Ken Griffin, David Harding, John Paulson, Myron Scholes, and George Soros. Efficiently Inefficient effectively demonstrates how financial markets really work. Free problem sets are available online at http://www.lhpedersen.com
- Author BiographyLasse Heje Pedersen is a finance professor at Copenhagen Business School and New York University's Stern School of Business, and a principal at AQR Capital Management. A distinguished financial economist, he has won a number of awards, notably the Bernacer Prize, awarded to European economists under forty who have made outstanding contributions in macroeconomics and finance.
- Author(s)Lasse Heje Pedersen
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note65 line illus. 16 tables.
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $27.47Trending at AU $30.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.