Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world where everything has more possible explanations than ever before, where experience seems real unless it is refracted, this book examines love, loss, and time itself under a variety of lenses: these poems are made from other poems, from paintings, from songs, from spam emails, snapshots, jokes, dreams. We are the experts on our own existence, but what does it all mean? Katy Evans-Bush has been praised for situating poetry in the heart of daily life, and her second collection is written in deep engagement with the sounds and colours of real and imaginative worlds. The French writer Nerval's pet lobster takes us on a vibrant summer's outing in nineteenth century Paris. Two playwrights in two centuries ponder happily on their unseen downfalls. A child dithers on a hot day, and a lover resorts to pure tactile expression at the moment it means the most. A sharply-lit American childhood is seen as if through a telescope, from amid the mists of London and its layered lives. Ordinary objects act of their own accord; art speaks to us more than the person standing beside us; and the core of love remains the same while everything around it shapeshifts. One thing is certain, though: an egg is never just an egg.
- Author BiographyKaty Evans-Bush was born in New York City. At the age of nineteen she moved to London, where she now has three children and a no-pets clause. An editor in the not-for-profit sector, she writes essays and reviews as well as poetry, is a regular contributor to the Contemporary Poetry Review, and is the author of the literary blog Baroque in Hackney.
- Author(s)Katy Evans-Bush
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight138 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.