All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpring is full of life and life is full of eggs, all sorts of eggs: great cosmic eggs and tiny butterfly eggs, salmon eggs and bird eggs, rabbit eggs and special eggs being gilded and painted by two gmes called Pine Cone and Pepper Pot. They have been told (gossiped, to be correct) that Farmer John's children, Tom and June, are going to give them special eggs for Easter, and they decide to reciprocate. However, if you are a gme, a small gme-even if you are two small gmes-then the simplest of tasks (such as finding a bird who does t mind giving you a couple of their eggs) can be a problem ... Woven into the fabric of the book are many tales, myths and legends: Pepper Pot reads the history of King Karnac and the Turning of Time, Madam Two-Pecks tells her chicks how the universe was created from the World Egg, and the Wise Salmon in Running River tells the fingerlings about the great cycle, the Egg of Life. 'Eggs for the Hunting' is a spring tale, a wonder tale, affirming the joy, humor and mystery of life.
- Author BiographyReg Down grew up in Canada, Namibia, South Africa and Ireland. He trained as a eurythmist, an art of movement and gesture, in England and Germany. The father of three, he has taught eurythmy in Waldorf schools in Australia, Canada and the United States. Many of his children's books arose out of his work with kindergarten and the younger grades. He is also the author of Leaving Room for the Angels, AWSNA Publications, a book on eurythmy and artistic pedagogy, and Color and Gesture-the Inner Life of Color, Lightly Press. He lives in Sacramento, California.
- Author(s)Reg Down
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date23/06/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.