All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2009, the infamous Santelli Rant ignited a nationwide grassroots movement against wasteful government spending. Kwn as The Tea (Taxed Eugh Already) Party, the phemen spread like wildfire across the fruited plain, with the specific purpose of restoring Constitutional principles and fiscal sanity to Washington, D.C. By 2010, the everyday Americans who comprised the bulk of the Tea Party had made tremendous inroads by swinging the House of Representatives back to Republican control. It seemed that this political tour de force was well on its way to recapturing the Oval Office in 2012. But a funny thing happened on the road to the White House. What began as an earnest movement comprised of America-loving patriots was soon sabotaged by opportunists with a self-serving agenda. Combined with the naivete of inexperienced candidates for office, nefarious schemes from Republican Party operatives, and a glaring lack of organization, it's wonder the Tea Party's efforts to influence elections has fizzled out spectacularly. All is t lost, however. In his new book, Ego in a Tea Bag: How Greed, Corruption and Deceit Threaten a Great American Movement, author, blogger, and political activist Ken Crow delves into the roots of the Tea Party, exposes the profiteers of patriotism, and lays out a practical, workable plan for achieving the goal of limited government and securing the promise of the United States of America for generations to come.
- Author BiographyIn December of 1977, Ken Crow stood in the AFEES station in Dallas, Texas, and raised his hand when the Marine Corp Major asked all the enlistees recite the Oath to America. This oath contained a phrase about defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The pledge he took on that cold and blustery day did not have an expiration date. Seven years prior to that ceremony, Crow had given his life to Christ in a small Baptist Church in Valley Mills, Texas. Today in his fifties, he still loves God, his nation, and his family and friends. Crow travels nationwide to speak to various groups about the greatest nation on earth and what we need to do to reclaim her. He recognizes there is little doubt that our country is struggling. She is suffering from enormous debt and feckless leadership that doesn't seem to have the will or capacity to alter her disastrous course. America is battling over much-needed solutions to the problems of open borders, high taxes, disappearing jobs, a weakened defense, and much more. Having been ranch raised in small town Texas, Crow offers a unique perspective on nearly all of the current events that permeate our news media on a daily basis. He joined the Tea Party movement just after it started in early 2010 and has been spewing his conservative rhetoric ever since. In his book Ego in a Teabag: How Greed, Corruption and Deceit Threaten a Great American Movement, he lays out a workable plan to restore sanity to American politics and policy. You can also read Crow's articles on his website, www.crowsnestpolitics.com, for a truly conservative, honest take on current events as well as some outlandish cowboy humor.
- Author(s)Ken Crow
- PublisherWritestream Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWritestream Publishing, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.