All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustrian painter Egon Schiele was a gifted artist, mentored by the great Gustav Klimt. Inspired by the human form, he is best-kwn for his figurative works, particularly of women, with their defiantly confrontational air and their bold contortions. Schiele's nudes are shockingly direct in the way they face us: frank, unabashed and defiant in their gaze. To be as resolutely transgressive as Schiele is an artistic achievement in itself. Egon Schiele Masterpieces of Art features a fascinating introduction to the life and art of this talented artist, as well as showcasing his key portraits, nudes, landscapes and still lifes in all their glory.
- Author BiographyRosalind Ormiston is a researcher, lecturer and author in art, architecture and design history. She lectures in art and architectural history at Kingston University, London. Her publications include Colour Source Book, Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks, Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art and Illustration; Michelangelo: His Life and Works in 500 Images and Leonardo da Vinci: His Life and Works in 500 Images.
- Author(s)Rosalind Ormiston
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleMasterpieces of Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note90 colour illustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width203 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.