All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author describes the problems of food supply for a rapidly growing population, reviews the effects of water and land shortage, and considers the impact of globalization on Egypt's attempt to industrialize. The structural difficulties besetting Egypt's ecomy - population explosion, a seriously negative balance of payments, massive debt, unemployment, brain drain and corruption - have already been eased by the rise of tourism which is so vulnerable to Islamist terrorism.
- Author BiographyFouad N. Ibrahim is Professor of Social Geography at the University of Bayreuth. Barbara Ibrahim has researched and written extensively on social and economic issues as they relate to the geography of Africa in general and Egypt in particular. She has taught geography at a number of institutions in Germany.
- Author(s)Fouad N. Ibrahim
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- Series TitleInternational Library of Human Geography
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight463 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.