All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEgypt Breakout is an iillustrated story for young readers and adults about a break out from the Egyptian gallery of a museum. A little wooden spearman, Karoy leads a breakout during a children's flashlight tour of a museum, along with three comrades and a crew of boatmen. The event that triggers his decision occurs when the Lady Tiy, a sycamore girl that Karoy has admired for three thousand years, (without ever speaking his heart to her) is stolen from the display case by the young daughter of the museum keeper during the flashlight tour of the museum. Karoy faces urgent time pressure. Outside of the climate controlled case, how long can Tiy survive? And how is the jealous magical figurine Heka involved in her disappearance?
- Author BiographyRoy Pond is the award-winning author of over a dozen novels for young readers - including The Egypt Tomb Machine - and he has spent a lifetime studying ancient Egypt. Roy loves the enthralling mystery of Egypt with its magic, mummies, tombs and temples and its endless appeal for young people. Roy was born in Africa and today lives in Australia's Blue Mountains.
- Author(s)Roy Pond
- Date of Publication23/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.