Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.03
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.67
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.36
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Egypt: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all Egypt's attractions with this up-to-date and authoritative guide, complete with Insider Tips. You'll discover great hotels, authentic restaurants, plus shopping tips and information on festivals and events. Further sections include: Trips & Tours, Sports & Activities, Travel with Kids, Travel Tips and Links, Blogs, Apps & more. Useful too is the 'Perfect Route', which outlines a journey through the country, and the handy folding pull-out map supplied in addition to the Road Atlas inside. The country on the Nile isn't exactly short on superlatives. It is considered the cradle of civilisation and as having established mankind's oldest system of administration. The use of stone to construct buildings was invented in Egypt, archaeologists discovered the earliest recorded human history here, and the last remaining wonder of the ancient world still stands: the Pyramids of Giza. With MARCO POLO Egypt, you too can discover the Land of the Pharaohs, also w a land for divers, sun-worshippers, desert explorers and culture vultures. The practical pocket-sized guide takes you to a destination that has so much to fascinate and entice. Would you prefer to go diving in the Red Sea or take an Agatha Christie style cruise on Nile to the temples and tombs of the Pharaohs? Enjoy a shisha in a trendy Alexandria cafe or watch the sun set across the vast desert? Join the bustle of Africa's most exciting city, Cairo, or simply gaze at the pyramids? Egypt awaits! The Insider Tips reveal how to have an unforgettable trip with local Bedouin in the Sinai and where you can get an excellent vegetarian breakfast. Panels in each chapter suggest things to do if you're on a tight budget and where you might pick up some real bargains. By following the Trips & Tours you can enjoy some intense Egyptian experiences: cruising to the country's most beautiful temples, a night hike up Mount Sinai and visiting some desert oases. With its fascinating underwater world of coral reefs, sweeping bays and long beaches, Egypt's Red Sea Coast has some great places to enjoy your favourite active pursuits - the most important contacts and details can be found in the Sport & Activities chapter. The Dos and Don'ts warn you against anying the fish and getting taken in by fake guides. MARCO POLO Egypt provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the country. To help you get around there's the detailed Road Atlas, a useful map of Cairo in the cover, plus the pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Guides are known for their handy, compact format and unique Insider Tips. Marco Polo Maps and City Maps are famous for their high quality cartography and additional features like mark-it stickers which help to pinpoint a destination for future reference and aid route planning.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight263 g
- Width190 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.