Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new flexibound edition of the photography book that looks at the other side of Egypt. This book of extraordinary photographs of the 'other side' of Egypt is the result of the more than three years that Italian photojournalist Silvia Dogliani spent in the country, traveling, meeting people, and looking out for the unexpected. Through her pictures she presents a remarkable - and different - portrait of Egypt, avoiding the well-kwn history and the popular views, focusing instead on life as it is lived by its people. Three main oppositions are the focus of this book: Noise - the infinite variety of sounds that are life's constant background - and Silence - secretly hidden and always desired; Spirit - a fascinating labyrinth of beliefs - and Movement - the action of lively faces and places; Past - the magnificent memories touched by stalgia - and Future - the fervent wish for improvement. Complementing the 150 color pictures are informal interviews with Egyptians and n-Egyptians from all walks of life - both the famous and the t so famous - whose words give a further feeling of the real Egypt, an insight beyond the pyramids, temples, and tombs.
- Author BiographySILVIA DOGLIANI is an Italian photojournalist whose work has taken her all over the world. Her photographs have appeared in numerous magazines in several countries, including Egypt.
- Author(s)Silvia Dogliani
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.