All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionKassem begins with the military coup d'etat of July 1952, moving from the single-party system established under Nasser to the current framework in which opposition parties are legal. Along the way, she explores the legacies of Mubarak's predecessors, the functioning of the legislature and judiciary vis-a-vis the president, the roles of political parties and civil society, and the impact of authoritarian rule on the development of extremist Islamic groups. She concludes by reflecting on the long-term effects of authoritarianism on national development, stability and Egypt's place in the international arena.
- Author(s)Maye Kassem
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.