All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBesides its archaeological treasures, Egypt is also home to an exotic and mysterious wealth of wildlife, hiding at times in its temples and tombs, its deserts and oases. The Nile urishes an array of habitats, flora, and fauna often overlooked by the archaeologically curious tourist. This full-color foldout guide introduces an exciting array of animals and plants, from river wetland residents to desert survivors. Water-resistant and compact, it is the perfect travel companion, filled with beautiful illustrations, comprehensive text, diagrams, and maps.Includes: - Map of Egypt and opportune locations to see wildlife - Palms & other common native and n-native plants - Mammal species: carnivores, insectivores, rodents - Common reptiles & amphibians - Insects & invertebrates- Freshwater fish of the Nile About the series: The AUC Press Nature Foldout series combine, in beautifully practical form, a wealth of information written by leading experts with striking full-color illustrations on the flora and fauna of Egypt and the Middle East. Designed for nature lovers and outdoor adventurers, as well as for indoor use, the foldouts come in an easily foldable format, at once compact, waterproof, and portable, making them durable and convenient travel guides. Size is 23 x 8.5 in. / 58.5 x 21.5 cm unfolded.
- Author BiographyDominique Navarro is an Emmy Award winning art director, natural history artist, and writer. In 2014, she won an Emmy for her work as art director on the History Channel (H2) series Big History. She has collaborated on environmental projects producing posters, books, and field guides for museums, schools, and tourism and ecology programs in California. As a trained forensic artist, she produces illustrations and sculptural reconstructions of unidentified persons and ancient archaeological remains. Richard Hoath is one of Egypt's leading naturalists. He is the author of A Field Guide to the Mammals of Egypt (AUC Press, 2004) and Natural Selections, A Year of Egypt's Wildlife (AUC Press, 1993), and is on the faculty of the American University in Cairo.
- Author(s)Dominique Navarro
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight45 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dominique Navarro
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.