All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionContains information that is vitally important for the success of any classroom. -Julie Duford, Fifth-Grade Teacher Polson Middle School, MT Gives teachers a format that we can develop into a philosophy or goal for our classrooms so our students become enthusiastic about learning. -Debbie Halcomb, Fourth-Grade Teacher Robert W. Combs Elementary, Cornettsville, KY Takes Gardner, Covey, Tomlinson, and wraps them all together in a very motivating approach. -Karen Kersey, Second-Grade Teacher Albans Elementary, St. Albans, WV Embrace quality as the number one priority in your classroom! Inspirational and practical, this book focuses on the quality of teaching and learning in elementary and middle school classrooms and helps teachers and students find more joy, satisfaction, and meaning in their work. Experienced teacher Steve Reifman defines a quality classroom in reader-friendly terms, explains how to measure quality, and covers the conditions under which all students are empowered to reach their full potential. The author synthesizes key concepts from the fields of education, psychology, management, and personal growth to arrive at the eight essential elements of teaching, including realistic goal setting, assessment-oriented instruction, parent involvement, and teacher leadership. Written in a personal, engaging voice and drawing upon the work of experts such as Stephen Covey, Howard Gardner, Ted Sizer, William Glasser, Carol Ann Tomlinson, Alfie Kohn, and Alan Blankstein, this resource: - Promotes student motivation and a classroom environment of trust and respect - Builds higher-level thinking and group problem solving into the curriculum - Presents classroom applications, examples, anecdotes, and reproducible pages - Features ideas from practicing teachers for putting these essential ideas to work in the classroom Eight Essentials for Empowered Teaching and Learning, K-8 motivates student teachers, beginning teachers, and veteran educators to become the most effective instructors they can be and achieve the best learning outcomes possible for their students.
- Author BiographySteve Reifman has been an elementary school teacher for more than 13 years. During that time, he has earned National Board Certification, traveled to Japan as a Fulbright Memorial Fund Scholar, and completed two master's degrees. He has experience working with students in all of the elementary grades, and he has taught in both public and private schools. Currently, Reifman teaches third grade at Roosevelt Elementary School in Santa Monica, California. Ever since reading William Glasser's The Quality School at the beginning of his career, his primary interest has been in the field of quality control. Reifman has read extensively in this area, has created and led numerous professional development courses, and has attended many conferences and workshops. Specifically, the focus of his work in the classroom has involved defining quality in student-friendly terms, measuring it, and creating the conditions where all students are empowered to reach their full potential and appreciate the joy of learning.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySteve Reifman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.