All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis long-overdue publication on Eileen Cooper RA spans the entire breadth of her career, from her early days as a singular figurative voice in British art, and her exploration of ideas of feminism and femininity in painting, to her current mature work, characterized by uninhibited colours bursting with energy, contained by her expressive use of line. This comprehensive book places Cooper in the context of British art over the last three decades a period during which she has attracted attention from critics, collectors and museums around the world. In a substantial and wide-ranging essay, Martin Gayford resumes his ongoing investigation of Coopers work, aided by extracts from a recent series of interviews with the artist. In addition, an essay by the artists - print specialist Sara Lee covers Coopers significant contribution to contemporary printmaking practice, an area of Cooper's work that played a significant part in her teaching career until her appointment as Keeper of the Royal Academy of Arts in 2011.
- Author BiographyMartin Gayford has written extensively on David Hockney and recently published Man with a Blue Scarf, about sitting for a portrait by Lucian Freud. Sara Lee is a leading authority on printmaking, and has worked closely on print projects with Eileen Cooper for many years.
- Author(s)Martin Gayford,Sara Lee
- PublisherRoyal Academy of Arts
- Date of Publication25/05/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Academy of Arts
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1790 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.