Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Czech Republic, political regions were introduced in the year 2000.This study sets out to inquire into the effects of regionalization on organised civil society. The analysis is designed as a comparative case study focusing on two regions and two policies, namely tourism policy and social policy, which have been partially devolved to the meso-level. By developing a new instrument for analysis and based on a qualitative research method it gives new insights into civil societal action and the way civil society is organized and thus goes beyond previous research efforts. The comparison shows that both the studied policies and political actors resp. actor networks make a difference to civil society's mobilization and scope of action, thus confronting the socioecomic model of civil societal development. Moreover, the results challenge the optimistic hypothesis that the EU framework and funds promote deeper societal participation and encourage the founding of new civil society organisations.
- Author(s)Stephanie Weiss
- PublisherNomos Verlagsgesellschaft
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleSchriftenreihe Des Europaischen Zentrums Fur Foderalismus-Fo
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintNomos Verlagsgesellschaft
- Weight404 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.