All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tales of Peter Rabbit are celebrated in this full-color classic edition that features never-before-seen original art and a newly designed format. New York Times bestselling illustrator Charles Santore brings the adventure-filled world of the beloved bunny and friends to life with original illustrations, masterfully reproduced using the most advanced digital imaging techlogy. The Classic Tale of Peter Rabbit includes a beautiful 4-panel gatefold and is w translated into Spanish, making the ultimate addition to any Spanish-speaking family s home library. The world s most beloved bunny has engaged young readers with adventure-filled stories and valuable lessons for many generations. Peter Rabbit s perilous run-ins with Mr. McGregor and the tales of his playful siblings and friends are accompanied by captivating, original illustrations by critically acclaimed illustrator Charles Santore. Children can flip through the pages with joy and excitement as the mischievous and disobedient Peter Rabbit scurries through forbidden territory and later faces the consequences. These cautionary yet gripping tales are made further compelling with masterfully reproduced original art, newly designed layouts and a beautiful 46-inch-wide 4-panel gatefold. A timeless gift and traditional family classic to add to any collection.
- Author BiographyCharles Santore is a renowned children s book illustrator whose work has been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. Santore is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children s stories such as The Little Mermaid, Snow White, The Night Before Christmas and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow s Paul Revere s Ride, which was named 2004 Children s Book of the Year for Poetry by the Bank Street College Children s Book Committee. His paintings for The Wizard of Oz, featured in the edition that is widely considered to be the quintessential illustrated version, were used as the scenic backdrops for a major television performance of the work. More than 6 million copies of his books have been purchased. Charles Santore lives and works in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Beatrix Potter
- PublisherApplesauce Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplesauce Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width284 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Charles Santore
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.